We’re enjoying bringing our surgeries to different parts of the city – including several venues that are new to BCM. Our motto ‘Everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to teach‘ holds true each time, and especially for us!
Birmingham is full of inspiring community groups and projects, and people from all backgrounds who are making things happen.
After our ‘two-surgery Tuesday’ on 3 March (we were in Northfield in the middle of the day and Stirchley in the evening) we found ourselves discussing all the different projects and questions that had popped up in just one day.
* Three stay-and-play groups
* The Girls’ Brigade
* ROAM – a group that nurtures children’s play and sense of adventure outdoors.
* Starting an arts charity
* A youth singing group
* Bringing mindfulness meditation to all.
* Funding and fundraising
* Accessing Neighbourhood Network Scheme grants
* Safeguarding and child protection policies
* Starting a charity or community group
* Designing an e-newsletter
* Promoting organisations online
* Choosing a legal structure.
And we learned that you can climb the clock tower to the carillon in Bournville and have a tour!
Bournville Carillon Visitor Centre is looking for volunteers to for one afternoon (between 1.30pm and 4.30pm) on a weekly or fortnightly rota. Full training is given. If you would like to help call Theresa on 0121 667 1185 and tell her we sent you.